Saturday, November 20, 2010

Boat #161, Tuvalu - Highlights from the Ann Arbor Stamp Show, Day Eight

A tugboat! I love tugboats. When I first moved to New York I worked part-time as a designer for the Brooklyn Children's Museum. The museum is landlocked in the neighborhood of Crown Heights (not as luxurious as it sounds). However, the museum was undergoing a major renovation which meant several people, including me, had to set up shop in temporary offices in the neighborhood of DUMBO. For any non New Yorkers out there, DUMBO stands for "down under the Manhattan Bridge overpass". It's an old industrial warehouse district (now turned yuppie gallery district) right on the East River between the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges. The tugboat watching in DUMBO is fantastic. Weather permitting I would eat my lunch everyday outdoors in Brooklyn Bridge Park and count tugboats. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment